05 July 2011

Dormet Goes to Gunnison

How to make a web log about all the good food things down south:



Just kidding. How to make a web log about why people think you're drunk all the time:


I guess I owe a little bit of explanation huh?

We spent the whole weekend singing camp songs. This is the only time you'll hear me sing.



This kid will sing though anytime



I made that video 3 hours in, so I had muchas energy. Not alcohol or drug induced. I wouldn't act that way in public, only for all the internet to see. Huh...

We go way deeper than Fergalicious and Right Round, but I was hoping the entertainment value would overcome the poor taste in music. For the record, I AM allowed to listen to whatever because I am NOT 16 anymore, just with discretion at the family homestead.

Me and my family did not get drunk under a bridge, but everyone else who was waiting to put in their raft did. We had to wait because some people got stuck on a tree in the middle of a river. We were totally competent. It was a real great adventure too because I almost fell out twice.





Food review: The Secret Stash in Crested Butte is a great place to go. They do great pizza, but since we were in a hurry to hustle cheese from other restaurants for my uncle's place, we were going to do salad. We tried really really really hard to eat greens this weekend. Sometimes, that just can't happen. They were out of greens, so we ate cheesy mushrooms and banana peppers instead. Best wings you can find too.



To celebrate America, we made a comeback salad. Here's what to do:



Chop up cucumbers (add salt if not ripe), tomato, avocado, mushrooms, apple, red leaf lettuce
Saute the mushrooms in a tiiiiny bit of olive oil and vinegar and pepper.
Add even less maple syrup and some oil, then toss it all together.
Bring it to the park in your uncle's jeep with the top down. Pair with a New Belgium, classy you.

2 comments:

  1. Ur inventing cool words, sketch-tastic.. Its always a fun reading your blog Faulkner, keep it up Girls..

    -Nereus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nereus! So good to hear from you - hope to do dinner as soon as we move in!

    ReplyDelete