07 July 2011

Blueberry Blueberry Poptart Coffee Cake

Alright my friends and family,
I've been wearing my fancy pants for a little too long.
It was time to return to my dormet roots.
So when my mom challenged me to dormetize a box of blueberry poptarts,
I bravely accepted the challenge....
WORKING WITH WHAT YOU GOT NO.1
Blueberry Blueberry Poptart Coffee Cake.
Yeah I said blueberry twice.
That's cause there's real blubbery blueberries too!
The picture is all spooky dark because my family was watching Buried while I baked.
It's an awful movie about a man held for ransom in Iraq.
He was buried alive in a coffin with a cell phone and a lighter.
The camera shot never leaves the coffin he's burried in.
So essentially you're looking at 1h35min of Ryan Reynolds barely lit face,
a lot of cell phone ringing,
And spoiler alert.
He doesn't get rescued.
My dad said it was a good reminder your life is good
because you're not three feet underground in
a coffin without food or water
slowly being suffocated by sand pouring into your coffin.
Well Dad, I could've told you that two hours ago.
If you can't say the same,
watch it!

BACK TO THE CAKE!

Grease the pan.

1.5 cups of blueberries
add a 1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
set aside

For the cake:

1/3 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons softened butter, cut into 8 pieces.

Put 3/4 of the cake batter in the pan.

Add sugared blueberries.

Add the rest of the batter.

topping:

1/8 cup dark brown sugar
1/8 cup granulated sugar
a few shakes of cinnamon
pinch o' salt
2oz butter, melted

stir 2gether til smooth

add 1 cup cake flour

should crumb nicely into chunks

(can I say chunks when talking about food?)

add four blueberry poptarts!!!!!

break em into pieces

yessss

bake for 45 minutes

watch Ryan Reynolds die.


No comments:

Post a Comment