17 April 2011

Divine Intervention



Bryn told me the prayer for Mullen's Cross Country team, and invoking it brought us a delicious local breakfast.

"Alfalfa's" by Leftover Salmon by fullpedal

Fresh eggs from a local farm (again, Sabina, which one is it?) that apparently you don't need to refrigerate!
We couldn't resist the pretty blue ones, and they had these beautiful super bright yolks.



Added some fancy rock salt herb mix from Hawaii (thanks Eric!) and Gruyere cheese (famous Swiss cheese made from cow's milk and has a nutty, slightly sweet taste with complex musty and mushroomy notes. I stole that from a website) and sliced pear.



We put Sabina's homemade apple butter on Bryn's rustic flatbread too. Absolutely beautiful!

It was a good compliment to not eating for 13 hours (UNHEARD of for me) and feeling like passing out on a 50 minute run.
We ran through a graveyard and talked about not wanting to be buried. Everyone take notice:

I DON'T WANT TO BE BURIED. If I tragically die of my own clumsiness, please cremate me in a pit on a mountain top and put the ashes in a coffee can and try not to breathe them in. I want to be buried next to an apple tree, Lake Champlain, St. Mary's Hospital, Hartman's Rocks, Sewall (HA just kidding), Bordeaux, and the corner of Spruce and South Willard. I want to proportions to be 2:1:1:.5:0:.5:2. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked the Apple Buter!

    Local Eggs- From Beyond Organic Farm! Something about not washing fresh eggs means they are okay not to be refrigerated-but not sure for how long...I assume if you do decide to refrigerate them they will last a bit longer.

    I leave you with this...

    "Cluck old hen, cluck and sing,
    ain't laid an egg since late last spring.
    Cluck old hen, cluck and call,
    ain't laid an egg since late last fall"
    --American Mountain Ballad

    ReplyDelete