24 March 2011

Yahyah

Bryn's in Mexico. I'm in Steamboat. Tears.

But! Stories from us both!! (hopefully...)

Here's what I got:
I'm staying with my cousins and aunt, taking my uncle's place. They're up here with another family from Minneapolis.

They both have four kids.

Remember how proud we were on family dinner night cooking for 12 people?
I don't know how they do it. Teena whipped up fajitas in like half an hour the other night, and they were absolutely bomb stellar. She told me how to roast the peppers on high heat with not a lot of oil or anything, and some garlic. Add some refried beans, put everything in bowls on the table, and 8 kids are happily fed. That's the most important thing I've learned about feeding kids - you cut everything up into small amounts, tell them they can only have one until everyone else has had some, and the portions go MUCH further. I think I'll start doing that at school.

We've been eating well at breakfast - I lost a race to 11 year old Jack down 3 miles of green so I made them pancakes the other day, and we made some chocolate chip cookies where you had to dissolve the baking soda in water first. I'm not sure what that does, but they came out hard instead of soft (kinda fun change) and the bus trip with two small girls to buy chocolate chips was certainly an adventure.

BY the way - I have like $30 of gas savings at Safeway. What do I do?

After chasing 3 guys through double black chutes, a terrain park, and a half pipe yesterday and SEVEN children under 12 around 3 mountains today, I'm on Faulknertimebreak. You know what that means right?

Eggs. Cuss yeah.

AND they have a toaster here. Score!

I added some chili powder to the fajita leftovers, oregano to the eggs, pepper, and put them all together. Serve with raspberry jam and butter on toast? I'm sooo on spring break in the Rockies.

Goldbugs everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom told me about your blog, so I thought I'd check it out. I think it is hilarious! I wish I could have gotten to see you when I was in Denver last weekend.

    ReplyDelete