11 March 2011

Birthday Princess



It was our friend David's birthday, so we made him birthday pancakes. And put cake batter in them. And sprinkles. And coated them in a vanilla glaze. The sprinkles kind of-sort of gave it a little girl feel, but he didn't seem to mind. The manly size of the pancake stack counteracted it. All we were missing was a candle and a birthday sing-a-long but Faulkner and I agreed that that's too conventional.

We woke up at 7:00am to make 'em and Faulkner knocked on my door at 7:03am. I rolled out of bed and we stirred on my dorm room floor as a courtesy to my neighbors. I spilt powdered sugar EVERYwhere which we decided is unavoidable with powdered sugar. Then Faulkner got the flapjacks on the frying pan, and I got the vanilla glaze together which was essentially just powdered sugar and a little bit of milk.
Definitely tastes better than a "happy birthday" written on your fbook wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment