27 February 2011

Procrastination with a Side of Orzo





Cute picture right? Bryn couldn't resist such a photogenic moment. I know. I'm happy that the first picture of a face on this blog is that one. It says "I just had an idea but I forgot it." I call it Magnum.

We finally figured out what orzo is last night; it's Italian rice that you can combine with anything. Like oatmeal or... normal rice... it's all full of soluble fiber that sticks together when you add water and heat. Result? Soft long grains that go well with just about anything. We raided the C4C for peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, spinach, and garlic.

Lucky for us, the peppers et. al from the antipasto station were already shimmery with olive (?) oil, so we didn't even have to use any from our precious stash/investment to heat up the perishable goods.


I'm on my own for dinner tonight, because Bryn is going home to the dentist. I probably won't eat. Just kidding... I'll finish the cupcakes.

That's a lie too. I have 2 to give away to deserving people.

3 comments:

  1. I love Orzo...we also use Bulgar wheat (the stuff in tabouli) in salads a lot lately...cooks up faster that barley and is super tasty in stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabouli yum! We'll have to try it - and quinoa. I've had my eye on barley too...

    ReplyDelete