25 January 2011

I don't scream for snow ice cream!




But Faulkner really liked it. What doesn't she like? Just strip malls and campus police I think...

Well, so this snow ice cream- I was minding my own business, studying quantitative reasoning mathematical skills (which isn't as intellectually stimulating as the course title makes out it to be) when Faulkner started to ramble on about snow ice cream. It sounded more interesting than the annual percentage rate of my hypothetical bank deposit SO we made it. And it was.......fine. But in case you don't want to spend seventeen dollars a bite for the BenandJerry's in the grab and go I'll tell you how:

1. Fill your bowl with snow (new snow is safest and tastiest)
2. Stir in equal parts milk (soy in our case) and sugar (about 1/2 a cup)
3. Move around the concoction until it arrives at some semblance of an ice cream texture
4. Add a few teaspoons or tablespoons of vanilla to mask how watery this so-called ice cream is!

Overall, it's not the creamy deliciousness of your store bought ice cream but if you're cheap or on a diet this is probably a good alternative.
+Bryn

And if you see an 'F' and a 'B' carved in the sidewalk on Regent Drive west of the C4C....YES. We were there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! I made snow ice cream too, twice. The first time I used half&half (good) and the second time I tried to switch it up with some milk and cold coffee (not as good). I'd stick with thicker cream and not too much sugar, otherwise it gets watery and tastes like milky ice chunks.

    ReplyDelete